In this workshop, kids and teens learn about the exciting world of animation while making their very own original animated film. Professional animator George Berlin gives students a strong background in animation, story development, and character design.
• An original digital animation using a tablet and the Animation Creator HD app
• How to use animation software
• About the history and practice of animation from a real-life professional animator
• Animation techniques, character design, story development, and screen writing
• Creative problem solving, time management, spatial reasoning and other transferable skills
• This workshop requires and iPad 3 or higher
• iPad must have the Animation Creator HD app installed in advance (additional charge of $3.99)
• iPads are not provided for students
George Berlin is an animator, painter of incredibly fun and silly things, interactive installation artist, master of projection mapping, kids book illustrator, teaching artist, and all around awesome guy. George has been a teaching artist with Facets since 2010 leading workshops on traditional animation, computer animation, iPad animation, coding and programming, virtual reality, and projection mapping.