In this workshop, CodeCreate’s Jeff Sweeton teaches kids to use science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) to bring their creative ideas to life. Students can choose to make a short film, animation, photo essay, or even a video game, website, or animatronic character. The sky’s the limit when creating STEM media mashups.
• Original and individual STEM-based media projects
• Computer programming, animation, photography, digital filmmaking, and animatronics techniques
• Character and story development
• Basic animation techniques and character design
• Participants are encouraged to bring their own personal smartphone, tablet or laptop
• We recommend the device they bring have video recording and editing capability
• We encourage students to sign up for a Scratch account – join here
• Participants without a personal device will have access to provided materials
Jeff Sweeton has been producing and teaching digital video, film, photography, web development, coding, and writing for over fifteen years. The founder and facilitator of CodeCreate Technology Education, Jeff has led workshops with Intel Start Making!, Mozilla, The MacArthur Foundation, The Art Institute of Chicago, Google, Facets, and many others.