In this workshop, traditional animation techniques get a helping hand from advanced editing software. Students will learn how to create original stop motion animations by using clay figures, a green screen, and Adobe After Effects.
• An original stop-motion animation using Adobe After Effects with a chroma-key (green screen) plug-in
• Introduction to professional Adobe software
• How to plan a film from pre- to post-production
• Basic animation techniques and character design
• How to appreciate animation as an art form and discover the importance of animation in popular culture
• Participants should bring a flash drive to save and take their work home
• Other workshop materials will be provided
Jessi Meliza is an animator and teacher living in Chicago. She has been chair of the Media Arts Department at The Chicago Academy for the Arts since fall 2017. She loves animated gifs and flipbooks in equal measure.